Thursday, September 28, 2023
Hey y'all! Enjoy this recipe of my easy smoked chicken burgers. These are my go to when I'm stuck and not sure what to cook for dinner, this family pleaser is easy and requires very little prep.
I smoke my chicken thigh burgers on a pellet grill, but you can use whatever grill you have. The result is tender and tasty meat.
Here's a recipe for you:
- 6-8 boneless chicken thighs
- Olive Oil
- 1 Bottle of Spotted Cock Rub
- Optional: your favorite BBQ sauce (I recommend Jama's Sweet BBQ Sauce)
1. Preheat your pellet grill to 275°F and make sure it's clean.
2. Remove the chicken thighs from packaging and pat the chicken thighs dry with paper towels to remove any excess moisture. Then, drizzle them with olive oil and rub them generously with our Spotted Cock rub. Make sure all sides of the chicken thighs are coated evenly.
4. Once the smoker has reached the desired temperature, place the chicken thighs directly on the grate, skin-side up. Close the lid and let them cook for approximately 25-30 minutes.
5. After the initial cooking time, flip the chicken thighs over, so the skin side is now facing down. Brush a thin layer of BBQ sauce or glaze on the top side of the chicken thighs (optional). Close the lid and cook for an additional 20-25 minutes.
6. Check the internal temperature of the chicken thighs using a meat thermometer. It should read 165°F (74°C) when inserted into the thickest part of the meat without touching the bone.
7. Once the chicken thighs reach the proper temperature, remove them from the grill and let them rest for a few minutes. This allows the juices to redistribute and ensures moist and tender meat.
8. Serve your deliciously grilled chicken thighs on a bun and with your favorite side from hot chips to a salad. I top ours with a zesty apple slaw too!
Stay in touch and be sure to sign up for our next BBQ class!
From BBQ Products, BBQ Restaurants, BBQ Events, BBQ Classes, to even Coaching Your Food Business, we've got it all!
You just read about this...
Super excited about this product? We are, too! We just wrote this whole piece about how great the class is!
Ready to buy it? Get access to the Product here: